Hello!

Cartoonist, comic stripper, and book illustrator. Appears every fortnight in Private Eye (Forgotten Moments in Music History), has also worked for Penguin, Random House, The Times, Spectator, Reader's Digest, The Beano (Billy Whizz) and The Dandy, to name but a few.
Please use the tabs above to browse my portfolio. Home page for my latest news, sketches, and many others.

Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Buy the Dandy this week!

If you've been considering checking out The Dandy but still haven't got round to it, this week's issue is an excellent jumping-on point for Wilbur-watchers. It features the long-awaited (by me hem hem) debut of my new strip Rocky's Horror Show -- a double-pager this week to open with.

The issue also features Mr Meecher The Uncool Teacher. At the time of writing i'm not sure which page it is (they don't always publish them in the order i draw them) -- but if it's the one i think it is, it's a personal favourite.

So what more reason do you need? -- you need more reasons?! -- okay, how about cracking material from Jamie Smart, Alexander Matthews, Nigel Auchterlounie, Andy Fanton and the rest of the Dandy team? Go on, support this great British institution -- buy The Dandy! 


PS I'm not certain about the rest of the country, but where I live it's best found in Sainsbury's.

2 comments:

  1. looks good wilb. All those 'dark' inky scribbles are paying off! I'll pick up a copy today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good man! yes, the idea for Rocky's grew directly from my dark drawings. means they're a lot more work, though! :P

    ReplyDelete