Hello!

Cartoonist, comic stripper, and book illustrator. Appears every fortnight in Private Eye (Forgotten Moments in Music History), has also worked for Penguin, Random House, The Times, Spectator, Reader's Digest, The Beano (Billy Whizz) and The Dandy, to name but a few.
Please use the tabs above to browse my portfolio. Home page for my latest news, sketches, and many others.

Friday, 14 October 2011

My kids in the Dandy

Had a lot of fun doing this week's Mr Meecher strip in The Dandy -- it features drawings of Mr M by my children, including this title panel by my seven-year-old son:










I love the way he made his eyes a bit red -- dunno what that was all about!
I also put some other youngsters' work in it, including Dandy superfan Harry Rickard (a talented young cartoonist in his own right )
I'd have been super-thrilled to have been published in The Dandy at the age of seven, but my own kids, of course, took it in their stride. Oh well. Harry and I enjoyed it anyway. 
Rocky's Horror Show continues this week with Psycho Demon Kid From Hell (Exorcist spoof in The Dandy? Why not -- your kids'll love it!) -- all the usual other good stuff, too. Buy one if you can find one.

2 comments:

  1. Just want to say thank you ever so much Will, I showed loads of kids/teachers in my school and nobody could believe it! I definitely enjoyed it and I enjoyed talking to you about it, thank you so much. :)

    Also a strong week for you in that issue, Mr Meecher was good and so was Rocky's Horror Show. :)

    - Harry Rickard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Harry, and may it be the first of many appearances in The Dandy. B>D

    ReplyDelete