Hello!

Cartoonist, comic stripper, and book illustrator. Appears every fortnight in Private Eye (Forgotten Moments in Music History), has also worked for Penguin, Random House, The Times, Spectator, Reader's Digest, The Beano (Billy Whizz) and The Dandy, to name but a few.
Please use the tabs above to browse my portfolio. Home page for my latest news, sketches, and many others.

Friday, 9 December 2011

Late conkers!

One slight problem I have is that I get ideas from things around me, but I'm working (as far as The Dandy is concerned) three months ahead of the schedule... So I got this idea for a Mr Meecher The Uncool Teacher page about conkers in November, but that's ideally when it should've been published...


I managed to persuade them to bring it forward a bit, but it's a difficult one to resolve because things going on around you are always likely to give you ideas... I suppose I could squirrel them away for a whole year, but then you never can be sure if your strip -- or even the comic in which it's published -- is still going to be around in a year's time!

No comments:

Post a Comment