Hello!

Cartoonist, comic stripper, and book illustrator. Appears every fortnight in Private Eye (Forgotten Moments in Music History), has also worked for Penguin, Random House, The Times, Spectator, Reader's Digest, The Beano (Billy Whizz) and The Dandy, to name but a few.
Please use the tabs above to browse my portfolio. Home page for my latest news, sketches, and many others.

Wednesday, 18 January 2012

More Wilbur's Winker Watson on the way

The year has started well for me, being kept busy so far throughout January with comics work... 


First up, following on from his appearance in Mr Meecher the Uncool Teacher, I'm happy to announce that I've just produced three two-page Winker Watson strips for the 2013 Dandy annual. 
It was one thing to put Winker in the Meecher strip as a guest star, but getting to produce actual Winker Watson strips was a real honour. The editor let me do it my way, too, which I'm eternally grateful for -- so expect more of the slightly tongue-in-cheek treatment he got in the Meecher/Winker crossover strip.
Of course, we've got a bit of a wait, but not too long -- the annuals come out in about April these day, don't they?

10 comments:

  1. Is it going to be an old style again? I really loved it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! Will told me on Facebook!

      Delete
    2. I did reply to that one, Anon -- see below. Only just got the hang of how to reply specifically to a comment -- I'm still quite new to Blogger. (Okay i'm a slow learner)

      Delete
  2. Yes it is!
    Glad you enjoyed it, George, and thanks for the comment. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful news - and not a disappointment at all. I love your winker :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heather, and for RT, and -- I say again -- Oo-er missus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Winker Dawburn! What next? John Landers resurrects Billy Whizz?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Simon. By the way, Billy Whizz doesn't need resurrecting, he's alive and well and currently drawn by Nick Brennan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You swot, Dawbarn! I haven't even started my Beryl or Clott yet. Actually, this is beginning to sound like it could be a blinking good annual! Whizzo, and all that, old bean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He he! That's me, Wilbur the Dandy swot, always gets his work done ahead of deadline. I dare say you'll be doing yours on the bus on the way to the Dandytown offices, Steve :D
    Actually, I've got more to do, so I needed to get Winker out of the way...

    ReplyDelete