Hello!

Cartoonist, comic stripper, and book illustrator. Appears every fortnight in Private Eye (Forgotten Moments in Music History), has also worked for Penguin, Random House, The Times, Spectator, Reader's Digest, The Beano (Billy Whizz) and The Dandy, to name but a few.
Please use the tabs above to browse my portfolio. Home page for my latest news, sketches, and many others.

Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Meecher framed!

Okay, I know I've been banging on about the Dandy a lot lately, and I promise this'll be the last time (for a while) -- but I have to mention this week's Mr Meecher The Uncool Teacher -- mainly because it took me twice as long as normal to draw, dagnabbit! 
It's a bit different and is a bit of a must for Meech fans, as it has a frame around it which works as a guide to all the characters in the strip to date, as well as being, well, you know, maybe quite a nice thing in its own right. I can't really reproduce it here other than as a tiny thumbnail, because I'd be hauled off to the Dandy dungeons and bludgeoned by Desperate Dan, but once again -- and for the last time for, oh at least a week -- I urge you to support this great British institution, the country's funniest comic for kids, and go out and buy a copy! Out now.


(EDIT: 12th February: I've now put the whole strip in the comics section, so you can see it at a decent size)

2 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with banging on about The Dandy - I really like it! Have you been called to do any more 2013 annual strips?
    Oliver Forde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy my ramblings, Oliver. :)
      And -- Yup!

      Delete